Saturday, July 09, 2005

Ok, I think I've figured out how to work this thing!

Well, My first post was decidedly uninformative. That's because I have no idea what I'm doing. I think I am learning where all the links for doing stuff are, so lets get down to the real business of blogging. I truly think this blogging stuff can be a helpful alternative to incredibly expensive phone bills and long, ear hurting, though free, cell phone conversations with those I've left behind.

Today was a very cool day if for no other reason than the fact that Fiance is back in town after a week long trip to visit his grandparents very very far away. The apartment was very lonely, except for the very nice night when the abandoned visited my new place and helped me put up curtains and mirrors and other stuff on the otherwise blank walls. Fiance (Hey, momma, I LOVE this whole names that aren't names thing. ;-) hehe) loves the fact that so much got done while he was gone while simulatenousely reminding me that there is SO much more to do, particularly, all HIS boxes need unpacked. He is, and I feel certain will forever be, my problem child. Today he managed to avoid all those boxes in favor of going to Fry's Electronics (I love that place, it's so wrong!) and buying the wireless router so his laptop can go anywher in our, what 700 sq. ft?! Oy! But, my computer is now accepting the internet connection, which it was not doing before, so I am happy. And, extra bonus, we got the router for a lousy five bucks!!! It was a $59.99 router on sale for $29.99 with a $25.00 rebate I gotta mail in, but boy is that nifty!

And then we went to blockbuster and signed up for a monthly rental pass. We got Meet the Fockers and the Pacifier, which I thought I would hate but I totally loved. Fiance has already returned the Pacifier for whatever our next flick will be. I suspect this return a movie everyday thing will be a trend with him, so the $25 bucks a month is WAY worth it. And he has promised to stop buying movies he has never seen just because they are on sale and someone said it might be good, so really, this is a HUGE moneysaver. Plus, I budgeted for it, so breathe, mamma, breathe! ;-)

I kinda feel bad cuz I was short with Little Lottie on the phone (Oh, sure, you get the cute Phantom name and I get Sweet Pea! huh?!) I was at blockbuster trying to check out and pay and the poor sales lady was trying to tell us how this pass thing worked while Momma and Little Lottie (I swear I thought it was spelled in the book without the "i", but anyway...) they were trying to talk to me about bracelets with oval or round ringlets and sizes and I honetly don't remember half the stuff, so I truly have NO IDEA what they ended up buying 0;-) Oops. I trust them, I'm sure they got me something I'll like. Sorry about that!

Finally, the wonderful Fiance caved in and let us order pizza tonight (he wanted to be sensible and eat the lousy, yucky frozen things I bought for him cuz he likes em but I wouldn't eat if they were the last food on earth) and we got Papa John's pizza delivered. It was yummy, and good food makes me happy.

I can't tell if this is long and boring or not, and so I must now go and sleep, cuz Fiance gets home from work at 8 am and I just KNOW he's gonna drag my butt out of bed and try and eat breakfast with me or watch a movie or something. So, with that, night night to all who may be reading, and especially to the moron family, whom (whom? It's late. Is that even the right usage?) Anyway... I love ya all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

Oh my god, you are soooo funny! I LOVE THE BLOG!!! I just cracked up all over the place! I love THE ABANDONER'S THOUGHTS. TOOO FUNNY! Also, yes, she gets the L name and you get the S name..... get it?! Geesh... Anyway, not sure how Lottie is spelled and I could be wrong so will need to check on that.

I am so glad about the blog! FUN!! I LOVE reading and what a great way to communicate. Who cares if only 4 people read it? (you, me, LL (that would be Little Lottie, and Storm)

Dad asked me questions about you and I told him to READ YOUR BLOG for the answers. (He wanted to know if you got the internet fixed on your 'puter and I aint telling him.)

Your dad's words were: WE need a Fry's!! (Yes, dear, sure we do!)

I am going to try to update my blog daily. I suggest you do the same. Little Lottie has one as well. Her's is : miaturner.blogspot.com

Lastly, your profile section has a misspelled word. :)
It's my duty as a teacher/mother to tell you that.

Love,
Mamma

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home