Thursday, July 28, 2005

Topsy Turvy

So, everything was in order... I was just waiting for that phone call to tell me when to start my new job... and then two weeks went by and Don said "Call Them!" and I did and guess what! They are not training anyone during august, but will keep me posted as to September training classes. Okay... Did they hire me or what?! So, now I need another job. The vexing question is do I want another permanent, long-term job, or just a lousy part-time/ short-term position to hold me over till Am. West calls back. I have no idea what to do, and those of you who bother to read this should consider this posting a solicitation of career advice to be left in the comments section. ;-)

I called about seven of the closest places for a decent part-time/short-term job and found that Target and Barnes and Noble and Blockbuster were hiring... I applied on-line with Blockbuster and have an interview set up for Friday at noon. I went to Target and filled out the application at the kiosk there, at the end of which they tell you to pick up the red phone next to the computer and tell them you've completed the application... Someone prints your app. and comes to talk to you right away!!! Thank God I showered and dressed semi-decent (khakis and a nice, plain purple shirt). They sit you right down and start interviewing... Then the first person takes you to a second person who completes the interview. Well, the first person was a very sweet girl, and I was just really conversational about it all and told storied about old jobs in answer to all the questions. It aparently went well cuz she took me to the next guy, who is apparently a business intern of some sort and who suggested I look into Executive positions with the company. This means management. I said yay! He gave me an e-mail of the person to send my resume to and I did so promptly. He also completed the interview and said he would list me as potential, which means as soon as a job is available he would love to hire me cuz "You're terrific!" 0;-) So, he loved me, and I am hoping a job will open in the next week or so. He said jobs come availavle all the time, but he just hired two people at 9am that morning (damned messed up sleep schedule!!! I wasn't even awake at 9!).

So, anyway... that's what is going on in my messed up post-college career. Thankfully, my incredible, wonderful, amazing Fiance makes plenty of dough and we are not in any danger financially in any way, so that is good. In fact, we live on what he makes very comfortably. My paycheck is really just savings and something to keep me from going insane sitting around the house all day.

And now Fiance is home and it is dinner time, so I will go. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home