Friday, April 13, 2007

Good day

Look at me, posting as if anyone other than my own mother ever actually reads this. ;-)

today the house was inspected and it went brilliantly. I am SO GLAD I decided to be there for the whole 4 and a half hour ordeal. The inspector was incredible and I learned so much I never would have known about my house. "My house." Nice words. And today it felt so much more mine. I understand the electrical wiring, the plumbing, every pipe going in and out of the house and what it does and what it should and should not be doing. he explained everything, answered every question. I now know that if my blow dryer kills the power in my Master bath, the reset button is actually in the guest bathroom. I know where to go to unclog the kitchen sink if Draino doesn't work, and where the plumber should go if an even bigger clog jams up the whole water system. I know that my water softener need salt and my water heater is new. I know how to use the alarm system (kinda) and how to adjust the thermostat (digital... oh yeah! I hate the one in our apartment. I never know the temperature.) I know where the sprinkler heads are and that the water spraying the house is bad so I need to replace the spraying sprinkler heads that are too close with bubblers. I know that the roof needs about $200 worth of work (hopefully nothing more!) I know all about my house, inside and out. It so cool. The best part is, I feel smarter than my husband. Cuz I foresee a moment where he has a house question and I know the answer (*does a little dance around the living room in true gloating fashion*)

So, it was a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

Psssst..... what's with the spelling? It's like you have missing keys on the keyboard. You are usually extremely attentive to spelling so it kinda threw me.

And then I realized that you are swimming in a sea of fear and signing over your first born to buy your first house and I forgave you for not spelling correctly.

But the writing teacher in me grimaced and I wanted you to know why I am wearing sunglasses when I am with you next time at the mall.

I love you!
Mum
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3:38 PM  
Blogger vanb8hoven said...

by the way......I read it too
Love,
Dad

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home