Sunday, August 07, 2005

I have a nice family!

The abandoned people came to visit this weekend. It was fun! They arrived Friday evening after a day of shopping in the big city. They arrived a little early, which I believe was just a convenient excuse to come see me at work at Blockbuster in my goofy uniform complete with name tag and pester me about where to find videos and how funny it is that one of the videos they rented was behind the wrong display case, so it was the wrong video and obviously this must be due to my lack of diligence in correctly replacing videos. (for the record, if you ever rent any movie from the children's section, be diligent about checking to be sure it is correct. The little rugrats LOVE to shuffle the videos. oy!)

So, anywho... The reason for the visit was my impending birthday on Tuesday. I received many wonderful presents that will keep me busy and happy for quite awhile. Mommy gave me Gilmore Girls season 2 last time I visited them as an early gift. I spent quite a long time watching that while Fiance was at work. I look forward to the time it will take to watch every episode in the Third season I have now received. Along the purple theme (the DVD box was purple!) I got the most beautiful purple picture frame, and my lil sis, that darling girl, got me yet another thing I have desperately wanted but could not justify spending my own hard-earned money on... A second matching pillow sham to complete my purple quilt collection. YAY! I also got a belle marker and something as a joint gift for both me and Fiance which we haven't opened yet cuz he has not yet been awake for such opening. In fact, I don't think my family saw him at all in the 48 hours or so they were here!

So, now I am watching GG season 3 while making a detailed grocery list and typing this blog (not necessarily simultaneously). So, yay! I love my family. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

We love you too!

(You forgot to mention that I tried to trick you while asking about what videos were already released and which ones were being released SOON -- that was LOTS o' fun!!!)

It was soo great to see you! I loved spending time with you and even your dad didn't mind the sore back from not sleeping in his fluffy bed. I can't wait to visit again.

You should also know that I do not allow my students to use the word "nice" but since you are my daughter, I will allow it. :) Tee hee....

The pizza was yummy by the way... looks like a new late night favorite for after midnight swims! See you soon, Sweet Pea! xoxoxo Mum

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home