Thursday, April 19, 2007

Some people!

So, I have been calling and visiting websites of tons of mortgage brokers and banks to find rates. One of these company was Northeast Mortgage. I had visited their website and called their office, leaving a message asking to be called back. I also submitted their online form for a rate quote and provided my contact info. Well, the next day I received a phone message and shortly after that an e-mail which says I called you today and left a message, please indicate the best time to call and get a hold of you. I didn't get back to him that day because I was busy with other things. The next day, I receive another phone call and another message, please call. Again, we were busy cuz we spent the day taking care of house ins and talking by e-mail with other lenders. I just didn't get back to him. Third day, the message has become WAY annoyed with me. "I have been calling you and haven't gotten a hold of you. Please just give me a call back" The tone sounded annoyed and actually pissed off that I hadn't called him yet, but it was a subtle undertone. Well, my sisters B'day was that day so there was no way i was calling back.

Now, I understand it has been three days, but my god, 3 days?! That's it! the other people I have worked with, the mortgage brokers and direct lenders were totally understanding. On days when I go to work, I barely have time to do anything else and hey received phone calls very sporadically. Also, I am WAY over my phone minutes this month and so I have been calling people even less, thus every time this guys has called, I let it go to voicemail cuz I can't spare the minutes. So this morning was the last straw. Keep in mind I have NEVER have actually talked to this guy. He leaves a message in the most annoyed tone, like i was some idiot just wasting his time and says "the least you could do is give me a courtesy call and tell me you went with someone else, okay? Just please call me back." Boy did that rub me the wrong way! He spoke to me like I was a child needing scolding for my bad manners. I refuse to call him now. I sent him the following e-mail:

Mr. Ventura,

I have been out of phone contact for a few days due to celebrating an important birthday with my family. In that time you have left several messages and this e-mail. I understand that in three days time you have not been called back, but the tone with which you spoke in your last two messages was unacceptable. I am not a little girl to be scolded for not having called you back, and there is no reason for the annoyed tone in your voice as you plead with me to contact you. I find it very unprofessional for you to leave a message saying the "least I could do was give you a courtesy call" when I have had absolutely no contact with you personally and it has been a mere three days since your first attempt to contact me. I understand that I initiated contact with your company, but as a prospective client I find it extremely annoying to be pestered into getting back to you on your timetable.

I will be going with a company which understands customer service and has worked with my timetable of when I can return calls and e-mails. This is also a company that would never be so offended that they had not been contacted, or at least would be professional enough not to show it and not resort to snotty and snide remarks when leaving messages on my phone.

Please do not call or e-mail me any more.


So, there! Geez, I mean come on! I know I called him first, but I have a life and it doesn't involve dropping everything to take to this creep.

Anyway.. we picked the loan and are locking in the rate with the first broker we talked with and I have done my legwork so I know this is the best loan out there for us and I feel good about that. So, yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

YOU are my HERO!!!!

Way to go, Sweet Pea! We teach people how to treat us. I think you taught him a lesson - and very well at that.

I am sick. :( Blah... but getting better now! Yeah! :-)

Will write later.
Loveyou!
Mum
xoxoxoxoxoxo

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home