Saturday, August 13, 2005

This is me writing more... kinda ;-)

Mom- when you are typing your blog, you should have a format bar above the box the words type in. If you click on the "Normal Size" box next to the font scroll, you can change the size. The color of your text can be changed by clicking on the "T" with the bunch of tiny colored boxes next to it and then clicking on the color of your choice.

Anywho... I wanted to update you on my Birthday, which I never got a chance to fully explicate the goings on of. Fiance took the whole day off work, not just an hour or two for dinner. Such a sweet boy! So we spent the day running just a few quick errands (P.O. and bank) and then went shopping (I have him SO hooked on Origins). I bought myself a little origins kit with travel sizes of my face wash, a charcoal face mask, a moisturizer with SPF and, most importantly, A Perfect World white tea skin guardian, of which I am almost completely out, so that was really why I bought the thing. It was a steal at $27, since the full size of A Perfect World costs fifty bucks! Fiance got a kit that contains all you need to soothe your feet. I certainly encouraged the purchase, cuz I of course get to steal some of it, but he really loved the foot scrub/ lotion combo and the soak, and it came with that leg lifts stuff that makes you tingle and keeps you happy. He loved that stuff, so his $27 kit made him very happy too. We each got $10 off cards for our B'days, so we both saved a bit of money.

Dinner was at The Melting Pot. I love this restaurant because it is all fondue, and that is just WAY too fun! So, normally we would be cheap and spend about $40-$50 on just a cheese fondue followed by a milk chocolate desert fondue. If you were to check out their menu and perhaps even go there, you would understand how HEAVENLY this food is. Not only is fondue fun, but it tastes AMAZING there. So, anyway... Since it was my B'day, Fiance suggested we branch out and try the full four course meal. With tax and tip our evening came to $100 even. We had our cheese fondue, followed by a sufficient but pretentious salad with dressing that had too many flavors in it. But then came the real treat, the meat. They bring you a fondue pot of broth and you skewer little chunks of meat and place them in the pot for about one and a half to two minutes and then remove and eat. They give you like ten sauces with these cute little spoons in them to try with everything. You also get vegetables(broccoli, squash, mushrooms and potatoes), which you can just dump in the pot and then fish out with a slotted metal spoon. The meat included Lobster tails... YES! Lobster!!!! Shrimp, chicken, a teriyaki prepared meat, some NY strip steak (I think that's what it was called anyway... NY somethin') and some other meat. Each of us had two chunks of each, except for the lobster tails, of which we each had one cut into four pieces. It was amazing! The best meal I've ever had. I was still full the next morning. Desert, of course followed in it's usual glorious chocolate self, but the meat was just way too good, and having lobster made it feel even niftier. ;-)

So, we then headed home and stopped at Fry's on the way because I have neglected my duties of grocery shopping and we had no bread or milk and needed it cuz we LOVE milk (especially with Oreos). So, while there Fiance let me get myself a Boston cream pie, which I have been SOOOOOOOO in the mood for. When we got home he unpacked the groceries while I checked my e-mail, and when I finished I turned around and there he was, a candle sticking out of the middle of the chocolate cream pie and him singing happy birthday. It was THE Sweetest thing!! So cute.

And that was my incredible birthday. And to top it all off, Fiance's brother Mike got me a Starbucks card. It really can't get much better than that. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

You lost me at "and some other kind of meat."

haha.

3 things that I learned from your blog:

1. You have THE BEST fiance EVER. I love him for loving you.
2. I haven't called you this week and will tonight cause I should hear about your life on the phone, not your blog.
3. I can't read things in paragraph form -- only list form. I will TRY to change colors and sizes but I dunno... that was a LOT of directions. :)

kisses!
Mum

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home