Thursday, April 17, 2008

Being a baby is hard work!

I spent 10 minutes today watching my son discover the power of his own hands. We bought a gymini (fabric thing that hangs over his head so he can play with the hanging toys) at a yard sale for $5. Best $5 ever! There is this red and yellow rainbow thing that I set him under today. And for ten minutes today, I watched as he played beneath it. At first, it was an accident when he hit it with his tiny fist and made it swing back and forth and back and forth. He watched it move, and when it became still, he started jerking his little body around, moving his feet and fists and after a few seconds, he hit it again. Again it went still, and this time, instead of flailing about, he reached both hands over his head and moved just his fists back and forth till he hit it. He did this three or four times and each time he hit it quicker than the last. It was so cool to watch! (Oh my god, I am that mom everyone rolls their eyes at, aren't I?!) Then, the most fun part, was when his tiny fist missed the rainbow and hit the octopus hanging next to it. This guys legs are scrunchy so they can be pulled on. He made a funny "ah!" sound when he it it and got all excited. It was a whole new thing to hit at, how fun! ;-)

Then, mere minutes later it was all over. He yawned once or twice, and then fussed a bit and I knew he was done. I scooped him up off the floor and he fell asleep almost instantly. As his grandma says, "Being a baby is hard work!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home