Thursday, October 27, 2005

So, I've been a little busy

Working full time after having, well... never worked a full time job before is a little tiring. Training was especially so due to the need to constantly study for daily quizzes, the average of which determined whether or not you were fired. (An 85% average was required each week.) Needless to say I passed with ease, missing only one question the whole week each of the first two weeks and finally achieving a perfect score the final week. OJT went well, and Saturday the 22nd was my first official day as a full fledged "major airline" employee.

So, anyway... my shift is called Reserve, which means they put me wherever they need me, which is ALWAYS gates. At first I really wanted to go back to the ticket counter, but now I really love gates. The day goes by really fast, because it is so time intensive, and I have had three successive days of not screwing anything up! In fact, last night I worked two flights with another just graduated person, and we rocked! Both flights went out on time or slightly early, even the one that was filled to capacity! That was a good feeling.

So, in essence work is good. There. I updated. Is everyone happy now? ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Indigo Robe said...

Yes, I am happy!

Hey, be careful in blog land. I have been reading about people being FIRED for blogging about their bosses or for putting up pictures of themselves in uniform. So I offer the following tips.

1. DO say you work for a major airline but don't say which one. (I know, too late but you can edit.)

2. EDIT just in case you ever slip and talk about your boss and you've had a rough day.

3. NEVER post pictures of yourself in your uniform with the first 5 buttons undone,showing your lacey purple bra -- while eating a burrito.

4. ALWAYS remember that your mom's advice is, has been, was, and will ALWAYS be good advice.

Now go take a nap! :) I love you!
Mum
xoxoxoxo

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home